Monday, January 9, 2012

Sketch #17

Just your standard Vulcan Salute (with a phantom thumb just hanging out in the background). I think this hand is pretty good really. "Live long and prosper" being the appropriate phrase to accompany a Vulcan Salute.

The symbol off to the right is an attempt to create a logo for myself, incorporating my initials KH. It looks like it should be the play button on some ancient VCR machine.

Alright, now all the stuff in the lower third here. You can ignore it if you really want, but I'll try explain it.
I was given a list of Things To Draw as part of a separate attempt to draw more stuff. A friend and I would each draw a thing from the list and send it to each-other. One of the things was "An imaginary failed product".

So brainstorming in mah sketchy book I imagined my product to have failed due to poor marketing, like when you lined a bunch up on a shelf it looked bads. So, like, what if it was called "apcr"; and then when put in a row you would get "apcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcr". But, as a name, that isn't even pronounceable.
So I went with a more visual take on the same idea, like a Vulgar Shape (not related to Vulcan Salute) magically appearing on the supermarket shelf. To add to the vulgarity and hilarity (hilgarity) I chose the product to be soy milk. It may just be the most immature thing I have even drawn. But my intentions were pure! Honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment